Welcome to the inaugural Maker Places Conference being held August 7-9 at the Burlington VT Hilton by the waterfront, where experts in the field of creating makerspaces and places will be convening to share their experience, designs, and recommendations. This event will allow you to share and discover ways of incorporating making in whatever you do, whether you are in secondary education, college or university, community, library, museum, adult program, urban planning, economic development, corporation, or home makerspace. Part of the conference will include a Champlain Maker Faire Organizing Partner’s reception where sponsors of the Champlain Maker Faire and other CMF activities will convene to discuss ways the maker movement can help you.
Maker Places Conference at the Burlington Hilton
August 7-9, 2016
What Will I Get From It
- More schools, companies, and individuals will start makerspaces and run local maker faires.
- Leave motivated and inspired to try something out – “Yes, I can do that!”
- Become aware of resources – who and where to go.
- Become connected to a local network of creators and doers.
- Appreciate making as being central to the community ecosystem in cities, towns, schools, libraries, companies, and other institutions.